Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people.
To learn more about our culture, Market-Based Management (MBM®), click here: http://www.gp.com/aboutus/MBM/index.html
Georgia-Pacific (GP) has an exciting opportunity for a talented Manufacturing IT/OT Technical Analyst to enhance the IT/OT service delivery in its production facility in Cedar Springs, GA. This position is a member of the Georgia-Pacific Manufacturing IT Digital Site Services Team working out of the Cedar Springs, GA facility. With brands like Brawny®, Dixie ®, Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern® and Vanity Fair®, we are one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, including paper towels, bath tissue, napkins and facial tissue. We sell both branded and private-label products in retail and commercial markets in North America.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Managing and supporting a wide variety of technologies, automation, data integration and analytics within the manufacturing business and process environments.
- Working with technologies that include various business and industrial control systems, Windows Server technologies, virtual server and storage environments, Business and process control LANs, wireless networking, firewalls, and end user computing workstations.
- Providing timely follow up and completion of internal customer and IT/OT requests utilizing a central help desk ticketing system in a manufacturing environment.
- Manage system performance monitoring and performance analysis, system tuning, capacity planning, performance management of business, industrial controls and automation systems.
- Provide day to day operational support to system troubleshooting, service delivery/recovery, root cause analysis and resolution/remediation of technical issues demonstrating a high level of initiative and executing against a defined plan and strategy.Participates in an on call support rotation.
- Participates as part of the Digital Site Services team in the implementation of projects and systems needed in the manufacturing environment in the roles of team lead or member.
- Working as part of a larger support team to implement overall company standards in the IT/OT business and industrial controls environments.Monitoring and reporting out on the overall IT/OT scorecard performance and adherence.
- Understanding and translating business requirements and use cases into value driven actions.
- Working as part of the DSS team to build strong working partnerships with local site operational and capability teams to create value drivers and results.
- Working independently, setting goals, and achieving milestones with minimal direction.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 3 years of experience in IT/OT support in a manufacturing industrial controls environment.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience supporting Windows platform of infrastructure computing components, virtual server/storage, information security, industrial firewalls, OPC, AV Systems, DCS, TCP/IP protocols, and network technologies (wired & wireless).
- Experience of in-depth troubleshooting, root cause identification and problem resolution with incident report documentation.
- Capable of training and providing knowledge transfer to other DSS team members
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Industrial Controls, etc.).
- Experience with supporting automation environments.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf