Sr Tech., Electronics Engineering
Sr. Electronics Engineering Technician
The Senior Hardware Engineering Technician will be a motivated, self-driven individual with proven technical skills. This individual should be able to understand and execute test plans and take verbal instructions from engineers. Must have solid writing ability and be willing and able to keep detailed records of work. He/she should be able to work with limited supervision.
What You Will Do In Your Role
A Senior Hardware Engineering Technician will assist hardware, FPGA and software design engineers in testing, debugging, and verifying FPGA based products and systems. Primary responsibilities will include performing various V&V (Verification and Validation) tasks on new and existing board-level products, testing and troubleshooting prototypes and pre-production products, and providing Engineering support to Manufacturing for new product introduction (includes documentation of test procedures and test training for Manufacturing personnel).
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years as an electronics technician, preferably in an engineering design environment.· Associate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering Technology.
- Desired Skills –
- System and component level debug of high-speed digital electronics
- Must be an expert in the use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, BERT testers, etc.
- Experience with signal eye diagrams a plus
- Familiarity with PCIe and/or other serial bus protocols
- Understanding of communications protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART
- Familiarity with FPGAs and/or microprocessors and/or memories
- Understanding of switch-mode power supplies
- Some programming experience in C/C++, Python, and/or other languages
- SMT soldering and rework skills >
Three (3)+ years experience as an electronics technician
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering Technology
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf