Process Design Engineer
The Process Design Engineer is a key member of the site Process Engineering Department, providing process engineering support for small capital projects. You will be joining a technical community of 30+ chemical engineers dedicated to the troubleshooting, optimization, and design improvement of the refinery units.
At Flint Hills Resources your career and professional development is a top priority. This includes a personal development plan, assigned mentors, dedicated offsite training, and tuition re-reimbursement programs. The Process Engineering Department has a proven track record of upward development leading to increasingly challenging roles across Flint Hills Resources and Koch Industries.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Process Design Engineer is a key member of the site process engineering team. The person in this role performs these key roles at our site:
- Provides process engineering support for small capital projects (typically <$5MM)
The work will include:
- Owning the Phase 1 and Phase 2 execution of the project. This includes performing options analysis, process design work and economic analysis to drive project decisions.
- Acting as the Technology Lead for the remaining phases of the project.
- Working closely with the business to drive an increase in overall refinery value by delivering the best feasible economic option.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5 years of operating or process design experience in chemical or refining technologies.
- Driver's License
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
What Will Put You Ahead
- 10+ years of operating or process design experience in chemical or refining technologies.
- Process modeling with Aspen HYSYS and Aspen Utilities.
- Experience with PSV sizing in SuperChems.
- Experience leading a cross-functional teams.
- Root Cause Failure Analysis and reliability assessments.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf