Lumberton Cellulose LLC is a Georgia-Pacific specialty cellulose company focused on manufacturing products for personal hygiene, filtration and medical device applications. We currently have a Quality Technician opening in our Quality Department at our Lumberton, North Carolina plant.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a controlled laboratory environment performing routine testing on raw material and finished product samples. Testing will include the use of gravity ovens, muffle furnaces, Soxhlet extraction units, chemical titrations and various other electronic equipment and methods used in testing purified cotton.
The Quality Technician will be expected to gradually take on additional responsibilities to support other areas of the business. This may include performing audits and inspections and managing programs and/or projects. They will be a member of the Site Leadership Team and will report directly to the General Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Set up test equipment and perform experiments / analyses.
- Execute new laboratory test methods as required
- Will be expected to perform analyses on raw material, in-process and finished product samples
- Will use electronic laboratory test equipment to perform raw material and finished product testing
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Willingness to perform routine test procedures on a daily basis while working in a dynamic role
- Perform duties with minimal supervision
- Perform analytical methods on finished products
- Perform receiving/ inspection analysis on in-coming raw materials
- Use statistical and quality tools to help meet or exceed quality goals
- Adhere to all plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Chemistry or other related sciences
- Experience setting up test equipment and perform experiments as well as executing new laboratory test methods as required
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with MS Office products
- Experience using effective communication, planning and organizational skills
- Willing and able to work in manufacturing plant setting
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf