Koch Separation Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Working Supervisor in our shop in Wilmington, MA. The Manufacturing Working Supervisor will be responsible for supervising a night shift consisting of 35-50 production operators in the Spiral Assembly department. We expect our supervisors to promote injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will have the desire to lead others while still being a part of the hands-on day to day operations.
There is one shift currently available:
- Thursday-Saturday, every other Wednesday 6:00PM-6:15AM
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide coaching; team development/performance management. This includes writing and delivering performance feedback and compensation reviews
- Build employee commitment and ownership and hold employees accountable
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to employees to maximize efficiency
- Assist with troubleshooting and solving production issues
- Complete data entry responsibilities and generate reports
- Monitor Floor stock, request material transfers to the various work centers
- Monitor Lean production flow, Identify obstacles and work with management to remove.
- Investigate/ resolve process issues with product, material and equipment problems on the line.
- Monitor scrap; participate in root cause and corrective actions to reduce/eliminate. Provide feedback on quality to management.
- Monitor housekeeping, assign tasks, identify issues and provide feedback to management.
- Review work order routes, narrative and instructions for accuracy. Provide employees with special instructions as required.
- Participate on Safety/Compliance, Quality and productivity improvement projects.
- Respond to emergencies
- Employee Management (T&A, Reviews, Discipline, Training, Supervision)
- Facilitate maintenance and facilities requirements (Break downs, PM work, Facilities issues)
- Facilitate EH&S Requirements (Training, Near Miss, Accident, JHA's, Safety Inspection, etc.)
- Coordinate 6s work for area
- Each day receives production schedule and list of prioritized work orders from Scheduler; checks and confirms availability of required materials, equipment, and trained operators; schedules sequential launch of work orders on production lines
- Provides feedback to Scheduler and others as indicated on problems or exceptions that could prevent successful completion of parts per plan
- Lead daily Safety toolbox meetings.
- Assign daily tasks/assignments to production operators to meet production schedule.
- Identify provide and track required training for production operators. Provide feedback to management on training progress.
- Provide feedback to employees on their performance
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 + years of leadership experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn various PC-based production ERP Systems.
- Must be able and willing to work an assigned night shift schedule.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Supervisory experience
- Experience writing and delivering feedback
Physical Requirements/Other Considerations:
- Working in non-climate-controlled manufacturing environment
- Must be willing and able to bend, squat and lift up to 50lbs
- Must be willing to work overtime when necessary
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf