Production Resource Manager
Do you aspire to leverage and further develop your skills and lead a team to excellence in safety, efficiency, and quality? If so, this could be the opportunity for you! Georgia Pacific is seeking a Production Resource Leader for our Antioch, CA Gypsum facility.
The Production Resource Manager’s job is to ensure a safe and injury/incident-free environment in our fast-paced environment. A successful Production Resource Manager must motivate, coach, and inspire others by demonstrating and applying good principles in daily actions and decisions to deliver maximum value to the business and our customers.
If you are a driven leader who can operate with a principled-entrepreneurial spirit, we would like to learn more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborating with Safety, Environmental, Maintenance, Operations, Controller, and Quality Leaders to elevate operations to its full potential
- Embracing and managing change to drive innovation and process improvements
- Applying MBM® to foster a culture where employees are empowered
- Facilitating team leaders and employee development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership, and holding employees accountable
- Taking accountability for safety, quality and efficiency through leadership, individual ownership and accountability, teamwork, and delegation
- Coaching, motivating, and mentoring the supervisors to drive safe and efficient behaviors leading to positive outcomes
- Taking corrective action measures as needed Using critical & economic thinking, challenge process, and team collaboration to resolve issues and drive innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence
- Completing paperwork and reports with accuracy to meet deadlines
- Leveraging strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with the facility team, leadership, and corporate associates in Atlanta
- Using organization and planning skills to execute tasks in a timely, purposeful, and orderly fashion
- Using critical thinking, processes, and collaboration to troubleshoot equipment and machinery
- Writing operating procedures
- Oversee production records, inventories, and raw material levels
- Ordering supplies
The Experience You Will Bring
- One or more of the following:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ leadership experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Four (4) years of experience in the Gypsum industry
- Associate degree or higher with one (1) year of experience in manufacturing/industrial environment
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience enforcing safe work practices, including: Lock Out/Tag Out, forklift safety, machine guarding, hazardous materials, etc
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience coaching, counseling, and developing employees
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience using a computer for record-keeping, documentation, and reporting, including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a technical or business discipline
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf