Georgia-Pacific Gypsum in Antioch, CA is looking for a motivated Production Supervisor to join our team. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for leading a production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with Market Based Management philosophy and framework. A successful Production Supervisor is also responsible for supervising and coordinating production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead an operational team in the production of Wallboard products in a safe and efficient manner and to take ownership of the existing safety and quality processes
- Facilitate team development and communication, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency
- Promote employee involvement, providing coaching, feedback and direction as required
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues
- Provide coaching and performance management
- Complete data entry responsibilities and generate reports in a timely and efficient manner
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) or more years of supervising direct reports in a manufacturing facility
- Experience in coaching, training, and developing staff
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holiday work hours
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Willing and able to work safely, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years’ experience supervising direct reports in a manufacturing facility
- Associate's Degree or higher
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf