GENESIS ROBOTICS – Quality Technician
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
The Quality Technician plays an important role at Genesis, ensuring that the components we receive from our suppliers, as well as the products that we ship to our customers, meet our stringent quality requirements. As we progress through the product development cycles of multiple products, our inspection team is growing again to ensure timely feedback is given to the design teams. This is a new position, joining a team of two experienced inspectors.
Our Guiding Principles of Humility, Integrity, Respect, Knowledge, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Self-Actualization, and Stewardship & Compliance define the Genesis culture. If those virtues are in your DNA, then please send us your resume.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform incoming inspections of components from our suppliers per inspection instructions, including:
- Dimensional inspection using our CMM and gear measurement machine, along with using common handheld inspection instruments
- Visual inspection
- Basic electrical inspections of cable harnesses
- Review of material certificates to ensure conformance to design requirements for raw materials and custom electromagnetic materials
- Perform in-process dimensional inspection of components from our in-house machine shop
- Perform pre-shipment inspections of our products
- Keep orderly records of all inspections
- Clearly communicate results of inspections to Supplier Quality Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Design Engineers
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience as a quality inspector in a manufacturing organization
- Experience using common handheld inspection instruments
- Experience operating a programmable CMM
What Will Put You Ahead:
- CMM programing experience (Mitutoyo preferred)
- Experience measuring gears
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are now able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/17962496/
See more at our website: https://genesisrobotics.com/
and our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg