“Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.'' - Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. Start your career as a Production Associate at our Owosso, MI facility.
The Owosso, MI facility is looking to hire General Laborers to work Monday-Saturday for the 2nd shift (3 pm-11 pm) and 3rd shift (11 pm – 7 am).
This position is eligible for $1,000 sign on bonus!
What You Will Do In Your Role
Safely operate machines to produce corrugated sheets according to product and customer specifications
- Set up machines and perform basic preventative maintenance on machines
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Clean work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
The Experience You Will Bring
High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
One (1) year of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience working in the corrugated industry
- Experience with reading an English metric tape measure
- Experience utilizing computer systems and/or databases
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf