Electrical Reliability Engineer – Power Distribution Systems
This job posting is no longer active.
This position is responsible for guiding efforts and leading the analysis and selection of electrical technologies, work systems, and strategies to ensure the continued safe operation, reliability, and maintainability of electrical power distribution equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and systems from 480 to 115,000 volts. Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect mill or business operations. This position reports to the Asset Integrity Leader.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Promote safety through proactive involvement in safety training, adherence to safety policies, and implementation of Electrical Safe Work Practices (ESWP) - serve as ESWP Compliance Standard owner and corporate ESWP Team liaison
- Develop electrical safe work practices in accordance with OSHA, NEC, NFPA, IEEE and other applicable governing authorities as needed
- Review new and modified electrical installations and equipment to ensure reliability, maintainability, and compliance with codes and standards of applicable governing authorities
- Lead effort to execute maintenance strategies for electrical infrastructure from 44kV incoming line through 480-volt distribution
- Develop and maintain asset criticality, equipment care strategies, and maintenance policies and procedures to ensure reliability, maintainability, and compliance with codes and standards of applicable governing authorities
- Develop and implement engineering standards
- Develop, implement, and manage motor maintenance and repair strategies
- Maintain mill’s electrical distribution model
- Participate in rotating weekend duty to provide operational support as electrical maintenance representative on weekends and holidays
- Perform root cause failure analysis on reliability incidents to identify and correct physical, human, and latent root causes especially for chronic problems
- Assist electricians and maintenance engineers with troubleshooting and root cause analyses
- Participate in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans
- Participate in the development of criteria for, and evaluation of, equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers
- Develop acceptance tests and inspection criteria
- Utilize effective predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Develop risk management plans that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact mill operations
- Assist mill planning as necessary to improve capabilities in daily planning
- Mentor department reliability engineers driving continuous improvement in technical skill and work management
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Three (3) years or more experience in maintenance, reliability, or engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with electrical distribution equipment
- Experience with preventive maintenance programs and the tools associated with failure detection (i.e. ultrasonic and thermography) as well as the associated software
- Experience utilizing electrical safe work practices daily
- Experience utilizing codes and standards of applicable governing bodies such as OSHA, NFPA, NEC, and IEEE daily
- Experience with CMMS systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) years or more experience in maintenance, reliability, or engineering
- Experience with electrical system modelling software (i.e. E-Tap)
- PLC, control systems, and Variable Frequency Drives experience
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Pulp and paper mill experience
The Brewton Mill produces white top linerboard and solid bleached sulfate (SBS) paperboard. The SBS material is used to make a variety of cartons that require high-quality graphics including those for pharmaceuticals, DVDs and cosmetics. White top linerboard is used in production of corrugated containers and displays.
Click the following link to learn more about our Brewton facility and employees. We Are: Brewton
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.