Start your career at the Georgia-Pacific corrugated plant in Mogadore, OH, located just outside of Akron!
GP is looking for safety dedicated Production Associates to join our team. Production Associates will have the opportunity to work in any area of the facility including our Converting and Corrugator departments. This position is responsible for troubleshooting equipment, by supporting our production efficiency and allowing our machine centers to create quality specialized packaging that meets our customers’ needs. Production Associates must adhere to strict safety rules and procedures within the facility to maintain a safe working environment.
Employees in this role must be willing and able to work 8 hour and/or 12 hour shifts - depending on the need of the facility. This will include weekends and holidays.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Arrange orders on machine centers and running product to meet customer specifications
- Perform required quality checks
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on machine center
- Housekeeping of production area to ensure a safe and orderly work environment
The Experience You Will Bring
High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time, e.g.; lifting, pushing/pulling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, and climbing ladders/stairs
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to work a twelve (12) hour rotating shift that includes weekends and holidays
What Will Put You Ahead
Machine operator experience
- Mechanical experience
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf