Georgia-Pacific's Packaging & Cellulose and Building Products BI and Data Analytics group is looking for a Technical Data Architect to join our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial minded innovators who can help us further develop this service of exceptionally high value to our business.
A successful candidate will bring advanced knowledge of best-in-class development methodologies, data architecture strategy and road map, and techniques. You must be enthusiastically collaborative, passion for working with people, value seeking, open to challenge and be challenged with new ideas and established approaches with an appetite for learning and innovation.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Guide and mentor Data Engineers on a day to day basis
Define and refine PKG/BP data strategy by working closely with Enterprise Architects, Data Governance and App/Dev & BI Leadership for alignment
Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate simultaneous tasks/projects
Experimenting with new technologies and solutions, identifying ways we can use technology to create superior value for our customers.
High initiative and a passion for driving rapid technical advancement
· Collaborate with a diverse IT team including business analysts, project managers, architects, developers or vendors to create or optimize innovative technologies and solutions
Provide data architecture guidance for various project teams
Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
· 7+ years’ experience in writing SQL queries against relational databases (SQL Server, Postgres SQL etc.…)
· 7+ years’ experience in building multi-dimensional databases, cubes, and data warehouses
· 7+ years’ experience in building data pipelines or ETL processes
· 7+ years’ experience in tuning queries for performance and scalability
· 5+ years of experience in AWS native tools set – S3, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, Python or similar tools.
· 3 – 5 years’ experience as Data Architect responsible for defining data strategy in alignment with business objectives.
· 3 – 5 years’ experience developing and maintaining data roadmaps, data standards, data domain structures and defining data assets types.
Understanding of Meta Data & Master Data Management concepts & practices
Experience working with enterprise data stores, data lakes, external data sources and APIs
Experience working with remote teams spread across the globe
Prior consulting experience preferred
Experience with broad set of analytics use cases; one or more of supply-chain, transportation, sales and operations
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred
Want to learn more aboutGeorgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf