Electrician (PLYWOOD)- Dudley, NC
Do you enjoy working in a self-directed environment? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as an Electrician in Dudley, NC. This role will create value by performing preventative maintenance on and troubleshooting manufacturing equipment. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity and we are very interested in learning more about you!
The Dudley, NC facility is one of Georgia-Pacific’s largest Building Products facilities. It manufactures Plytanium® Plywood, AC and BC, Sidings and Sturd-I-Floor® Plytanium® Plywood which is used in sheathing, roof decking, sub flooring and other specialty applications. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com/plywood-osb
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting electrical issues on plant equipment (up to 480 volts)
- Performing routine and preventive maintenance on electrical equipment
- Troubleshooting PLC issues to maintain production quality
- Assisting in the planning, upgrading, installing and startup of internal projects and equipment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- At least two (2) years of electrical experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment or an associate’s degree or higher in Electrical Technology
- Experience with single and 3 phase electrical repair/trouble shooting up to 480 volts
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC’s, A/C and D/C motors, motor controllers and drives
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Three (3) years or more of electrical experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
What do you need?
What would put you ahead?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf