Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our team at our Asphalt plant in Davenport, IA. As an Operations Technician you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Basic functions of an Operations Technician is receipt and shipment of raw materials and asphalt products, manufacturing of asphalt products, lab testing, inspection and record keeping requirements, computer-oriented tasks, and the maintenance of the equipment in the facility. You will coordinate with schedulers for the successful delivery and receipt of asphalt products (by truck, rail or barge, as applicable to the terminal) and production of finished products to meet customer demands.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working with Computers
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Willingness to work a flexible summer schedule as needed
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be available for on-call rotation including nights, weekends & holidays
What Will Put You Ahead
- A two-year technical or mechanical degree
- At least two years of construction/maintenance experience in a storage terminal
- Previous work experience in a bulk storage terminal and/or pipeline operation
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Willing and able to reside within an approximate 30-minute drive of the terminal in Davenport, IA
- Mechanical and/or electrical work experience
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf