Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Supervisor Trainee for our Madison plywood mill. This position creates value by leading the plywood production team to work safely in a continuous manufacturing environment. This individual will ensure product quality and contribute to the overall direction and success of the operations team through coaching individuals, developing strong teams, promoting safe work practices, and applying problem solving skills to maximize production. This is a linear progression role allowing those that demonstrate the appropriate skills and knowledge to progress into a supervisory role as vacancies occur.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Provide safety training and materials to production associates to ensure a safe working environment for all employees
- Facilitate team development and communication, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, and encouraging employee commitment, accountability, and ownership
- Assist Supervisor(s) in identifying gaps and help develop strategies to address and participate in planning, prioritizing, and communicating crew activities
- Work with the line members to meet or exceed production standards by operating and troubleshooting equipment as required to meet production expectations
- Develop the capability to coordinate manufacturing efforts which result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production, waste, training and development, and costs.
The Experience You Will Bring
Experience in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint – updating and creating spreadsheets, Word (document creation/editing)
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts
- Willing to become proficient in knowledge of OSHA safe work practices
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protective equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
- Willingness to lead people utilizing the MBM® philosophy. (continuity of MBM® at the plant)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience leading, coaching and motivating project teams
- Experience in a wood products manufacturing environment or heavy industry environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf