Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring for a Production Supervisor at the Akron, OH Corrugated Packaging facility. The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety as a value; and lead a crew of employees to exceed production expectations for the shift. The candidate must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and quality.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership – Coaching, training, and developing personnel in safety, quality, service, production, compliance, and problem solving
- Continued emphasis on cross-training and building the bench strength of the team
- Engage in continuous improvement opportunities (reducing downtime and waste), and provide leadership/action for gap closure
- Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; pro-actively communicate issues and results on a daily basis
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience working in corrugated packaging or containerboard industry on a corrugator
- A minimum of 2 years of experience supervising employees within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
- Availability to work shift work, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Corrugated Triple Wall Experience
- Experience working with Kiwi application
- Experience with daily management systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf