Assistant Quality Manager
The SRG Global Assistant Quality Manager is responsible for overseeing all of the day to day activities of the Evansville facility’s Quality Department while having a passion for customer focus, creating value, and ensuring compliance.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker.This is a “hands-on” management position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere.Working and effectively leading all of the departments and interfacing with cross-functional teams at corporate and plant level is crucial for success.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Has overall accountability for the day-to-day activities of the Quality Department.
Responsible for managing the Quality Management System for the plant.
Oversee and facilitate operational compliance with all laws and regulations.
Coach, mentor, and lead talent development within the Quality department to create ownership and long term sustainability.
Facilitate / Manage QOS process, meetings, and driving the improvement cycles.
Hold Quality Team accountable for Fast Response, 8D, and Reverse Angle value creation, Scorecard Improvement Plans, Daily Quality reporting with Director of Quality, and Quarterly Quality Review with Corporate Quality Team.
Corrective Actions read-across to all SRG Global plants (IQRS).
Facilitate / Manage robust 8D process.
Responsible for ensuring proper training and documentation for all employees within their department.
Enhance and foster Market Based Management.
Maintain and control quality documents. Coordinate the Quality Records Retention system for the plant.
Understand and internalize all Customer Scoring Systems, i.e Q1, TPLS, TS16949, etc.
Ensure compliance to all customer Quality Manuals.
Demonstrate on a consistent basis the MBM Guiding Principles and humility/discipline to achieve personal improvement.
Embrace change and lead standardization and best practice implementations to develop seamless product or process development.
Demonstrates commitment to continual improvement of EMS performance.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar discipline is required.
- Candidates should have 5-8 yrs. experience as a leader in quality, development, program management, and/or engineering in an automotive environment and/or preferable decorative exterior trim Tier I position.
- Strong motivation and history to develop personnel to full potential.
- Promote and drive improvements in internal and/or external flawless launch processes and systems.
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS 16949 quality system and ISO 17025 calibration systems is required. Strong knowledge of plastic injection molding, plating, painting, assembly, part design, and tooling.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf