Operations Training Leader
Georgia-Pacific Chemical is seeking an Operations Training Leader to join our team. This position will use extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to create and implement a training and change management capability that helps create a more flexible and capable organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Understanding the needs and demands of the organization as it relates to training. Prioritize and allocate resources to fit these needs
- Identify and understand the scale and magnitude of change impacts on the organization and support implementation and adoption
- Develop and support implementation of a training curriculum to increase capability of professionals to meet expectations and create value
- Develop and support metrics for ease of reporting and measuring success and areas of opportunity
- Develop an agile workforce that is capable of responding to changing organizational and personal needs, through a structured approach, using practices, processes and tools as necessary
- Create and maintain a library of training documentation (various formats) that is kept current and easily available to the organization
- Managing third party vendor software and training development materials
- Oversee development of operator certificate programs at the facility level
- Partner with Operations Leadership Team and HR to identify training opportunities and develop appropriate training methodologies
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least seven (7) years’ of experience in leading change initiatives and/or training
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Powerpoint, Excel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree
- Prior experience in the chemical industry
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Experience with large-scale organizational change effort
- Ability to assess needs and produce training programs/materials to target these needs
- Effectively deliver training and be able to evaluate comprehension and application of subject material
- Excellent technical writing skills for development, implementation and maintenance of training material
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf