This job posting is no longer active.
We are looking for an experienced professional with automotive Packaging Engineering and Logisitcs knowledge to work on our Purchasing team at Guardian!
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he/she will be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude and be a creative thinker. This is a "hands-on" position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere. Working with cross-functional team members is crucial for success.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Recommend and/or support implementation of buying strategies that promote cost effective purchasing decisions, which supports increased speed to market requirements.
- Exposure to all facets of the purchasing process, packaging and logistics used in the manufacturing and assembly of Guardian Products.
- Manage sourcing process including: preparation and issuance of the Request for Quotation, vendor communications and progress tracking throughout duration of the quoting process, negotiation of commercial items and purchasing terms & conditions, and finally preparation of quote summary/evaluation documents.
- Conduct in-depth supplier pricing analysis to ensure competitive pricing is being achieved, while maintaining the highest level of ethics.
- Manage, and evaluate supplier performance metrics and project timing.
- Manage commercial correspondence related to suppliers including the issuance of contracts and purchase orders.
- Work strategically with other departments and personnel to maximize program profitability of current and future business.
- Provide RTN/EXP packaging and freight estimates for new business.
- Confer with the Guardian Global Plants and its customers on the implementation of new returnable and expendable packs while ensuring that the programs are within budget.
- Support Commercial meetings and attend CFT Meetings when needed.
- Maintain packaging database.
- Complete packaging data forms and fleet calculators per customer requirements.
- Review contractual commitments, customer specifications, or related information to determine logistics or support requirements.
- Assist in the completion of customs paperwork (Ex. Commercial invoices, NAFTA’s etc.) for international shipments in an effort to ensure compliance.
- Resolve issues reported by 3PL or carriers.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Knowledge of OEM Packaging data bases (ex. V-PACS, Ford GPP, GM Supply Power, MOPAR CDR, etc.)
- Knowledge of returnable totes, bins and steel racks that are commonly used in the automotive industry.
- Familiarity with the standard foot print requirements and ergonomic restrictions.
- Experience with the various dunnage materials (foam, plastic corrugated, vac-form, poly sleeving, etc.) that are used within the automotive industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Packaging, OR a minimum of 3 years’ experience in automotive packaging practices and processes
What Will Put You Ahead
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills.
- Knowledge of business and manufacturing processes.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, associates, customers, and suppliers.
- Proposal development experience.
- Understanding of problem solving methodologies.
- Ability to contribute to the company's strategy.
- Ability to travel to Guardian Plants, suppliers and customer facilities as needed approx. 25% of the time.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.