Plant Superintendent - Albany, GA
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Dry End Superintendent in our lumber mill in Albany, GA. This facility is a state of the art, high-efficiency lumber mill that turns timber into planed lumber. It is a greenfield location and started operating in May 2020. This role is responsible for effectively running the Dry-End of the operations from the Kiln to shipping.
What you will do in your role
- Facilitating team development and growth; through effective communication and performance evaluations
- Prioritizing work orders to address machine center functionality and optimize on equipment availability
- Ensuring areas operate effectively and efficiently; meeting or exceeding benchmark & milestones.
- Utilizing work processes to effectively manage and facilitate good asset health through PM & PdM
- Building employee commitment and ownership and hold personnel accountable to meet those expectations
- Motivating and encouraging team to positively contribute in their roles to capture long-term value for facility
- Driving safety excellence through personnel involvement, ownership & accountability.
- Proactively identify hazards and implement appropriate mitigating strategies to improve safety capacity
- Facilitating resolution to complex or chronic issues preventing equipment design
- Owning data entry and accuracy compiled to create departmental reports
Experience you will bring
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory or management experience in a wood-products manufacturing facility OR Three (3) or more years supervisory experience in another Koch Industries Company.
- Experience in leading a department or organization in EH&S, Reliability, Production, Cost and Quality Excellence
- Experience in analyzing production data to eliminate waste and foster continuous improvement
- Must have working knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible work schedule
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing plant including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and promote safe work practices
- Supervisory experience in green end lumber manufacturing operations
- Supervisory experience in dry end lumber manufacturing operations, planing and shipping
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) - SAP, MP2, ActivePlant
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf