Business Development Analyst
This job posting is no longer active.
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
At its corporate office in Auburn Hills, MI or a remote location, the Business Development Analyst supports major projects in M&A and Decision Support. The vision for the Business Development group is to increase Guardian’s risk-adjusted return from major investments by effectively delivering the economic and critical thinking necessary to support complex decision-making through the application of Market Based Management. This is a supporting role that requires significant intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and financial acumen. The skills developed and employed in this role are highly valued throughout Guardian and Koch and can lead to a wide variety of advanced roles.
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Business Development Analyst!
What you will do in your role.
- Quantitative Analysis: Assimilate data from various public, paid, and proprietary sources to inform relevant investments and major decisions. Ability to focus on key drivers and market dynamics. Common analyses: DCF valuation, hold value analysis, precedent transactions analysis, market sizing, forecasting, cost and profitability modeling, value-in-use, etc. Analyze debt and equity of public companies for investment opportunities.
- Decision Support: Break the problem into discrete, manageable elements and generate hypotheses. Creatively organize research and analysis into key points and easily digestible conclusions. Support project leaders in communicating these conclusions to a range of audiences using clear and effective messaging. Prepare presentations on potential investments for senior management that identify and assess valuation, range of outcomes-based return profile, potential synergies, risks, etc.
- Research: Perform industry research and competitive analysis related to potential investments and markets of interest. Benchmarking analysis. Perform daily Bloomberg pulls and analyze financial metrics of competition. Support relationships with investment banks/private equity firms.
- Transaction Support: Coordinate activities related to acquisitions and divestitures, including opportunity research and screening, preparing and reviewing management presentations and pitch books, detailed financial statement analysis, valuation, due diligence, and post transaction integration.
- MBM Leadership: Focus on creating superior, long-term value for the businesses in which we serve, developing preferred partnerships and holding ourselves and other accountable to our guiding principles.
- Compliance: Assume responsibility for 100% compliance with the laws, regulations, company policy, and industry standards applicable to this role
The experience you will bring.
- Insatiable curiosity. Internal drive to understand how things work and why
- Drive to get things done
- Confident. Enough to ask questions, to say “I don’t know”, to offer alternative perspectives with peers/supervisors
- Structured and logical thinker
- Tends to whiteboard concepts see value in pressure testing approaches with others
- Direct. Candid. Interpersonal
- Analytical rigor and a strong facility with numbers
- 1-5 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, preferably in B2B
- 1+ years of work experience at a private equity, venture capital, corporate M&A, or investment banking position with deal-oriented financial analysis experience a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of how businesses operates
- Mastery quantitative skills in Excel
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; must have strong business acumen, or strong desire to develop quickly
- Background in engineering/problem-solving or business (MBA a plus)
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.