This job posting is no longer active.
We are looking for you to become our Project Engineer to join our Project Execution Team.
The Project Management team is committed to best in class project management of projects executed out of Europe and the Middle East supporting the EMEA business.
You will be supporting of the management of contracts for the major petrochemical industry players. Working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, you will be responsible for the on-time delivery, budget and quality of the project.
The successful applicant will support the execution projects such that they deliver a proven customer preference in the region. They will assist to manage all customer expectations to deliver projects on time, cost, quality and stakeholder satisfaction
The chosen candidate will also form a critical link with the Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure the efficient management of projects. We have a current a vacancy in our Saudi Arabia office.
The position will see the Project Engineer spending a split of time between customer and visits and office-based activity, which will be determined according to the business requirement, and as such the successful candidate should be equally comfortable with these requirements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Evaluating and assessing the optimal project execution approach
- Onsite customer and supplier visits
- Building long term relationships with clients / representatives.
- Anticipate customer needs and making yourself available to assist with those needs
- Fulfill customer requirements effectively and efficiently compared to their next best alternative
- Attend client KOM
- Attend project IKOM with sales, procurement and involved disciplines
- Assist in the preparing the “Project Execution Plan” at the start-up of the project and keeping it monitored to assure proper execution.
- Together with Project buyer, assist in preparing a “Project Procurement Plan”
- Together with Project QC Manager, assist in preparing a “Project QC Plan”
- Review inspections and tests plan prepared by QC engineer
- Assuring proper coordination with Procurement, and QC responsible for the project.
- Working with engineering to resolve any technical issues.
- Assist report periodically a Project Review with Projects Director
- Smooth process of execution with customer satisfaction
- Positive fulfilment of project (Price, Delivery, and Quality)
- Maintain and improve continuously the projects positive cash flow
- Assure or improve projects on-time performance
- Following actively and responsively any warranty issue till get resolved.
- Work with accounting department to resolve Account Receivables issues.
- Strive for cost reduction initiatives.
- Manage Project positive cash flow through timely sub-contracting and invoicing plan.
- Preparation of engineering documentation such as P&ID’s, PFD’s, mechanical, electrical and instrument data sheets, RFQ’s, Material Requisitions
- Submitting and obtaining approval of client submit documentation
- Reviewing / approving sub-contractor documentation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industrial and site experience serving in the Refining / Petrochemical / Power / Boiler / Heating plant
- Demonstratable track record of delivering relevant projects on time, cost, quality and stakeholder satisfaction
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Well organized and able to work independently
- Strong adherence for safety and demonstrated safe work habits
- Technical proficiency to understand process engineering, ability to read mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, process flow diagrams and P&ID.
- Currently a resident in Saudi Arabia
What Will Put You Ahead
- Chemical or Mechanical engineering degree
- Strong proficiency in English language and strong report writing skills
- Strong proficiency in the local country language
- Basic understanding of electrical and instrumentation systems
- Basic understanding of structural and pipework design and fabrication
- Experience with end user interactions
- Previous project experience of Burners, Boilers, Flares, Thermal oxidizers in $1-$10m
- Understanding of regional travel requirements / expectations
This job posting is no longer active.