Buyer/Planner - Purchasing Agent
About Phillips-Medisize, LLC… Phillips-Medisize, LLC, a Molex company, is a leading global outsource provider of design and manufacturing services to the drug delivery, consumable diagnostics, medical device and specialty commercial markets.
Phillips-Medisize, LLC is seeking a Purchasing Agent at our new manufacturing facility in Hudson, WI, to ensure timely and cost-effective availability of quality material suppliers and services to support the operational performance and meet facility goals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Determine raw material requirements based on new orders and computer generated MRP information
- Process purchase orders and maintain raw material inventories
- Maintain accurate records in MRP to ensure requirements are correct and timely.
- Keep vendor file current per SOP requirements
- Communicate with suppliers when placing orders, following up with orders, and new requests for quotes (RFQ’s)
- Maintain, update and evaluate approved supplier listing and quotations
- Coordinate delivery of raw materials with scheduling, customer service, shipping/receiving and engineering
- Identify potential sources for new products and material
- Negotiate with suppliers on pricing, delivery and services
- Assist engineering department attain new project purchased components and raw material information and set up item standards in manufacturing system
- Continual review and evaluation of MRP data to ensure proper inventory levels as well as striving for JIT delivery
- Supplier sourcing and development which includes continuous improvement to drive cost reductions
- Monitor and coordinate production scheduling of pre-production and clinical builds from beginning to end to ensure shipment per commitments
- Understanding of all customer General Quality Agreements, General Quality Requirements and standards, as set by each customer
- Complete supplier evaluations per corporate policy
- Assist quality w/supplier risk as well as part risk evaluations
- Quality and Purchasing to work side by side with suppliers to ensure needed requirements can be met and are maintained throughout project/part life cycle.
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. degree in business with minimum 4 years of related experience OR seven (7)+ years of directly related experience without a degree
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Medical device industry experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf