INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon applications. We deliver exceptional value for our customers through market insights, technological innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks.
Maitland site produces DYTEK®A amine, a chemical intermediate used globally in products such as polyamide plastics, fibers, adhesives, curing agents, polyurethanes, vitamins, pharmaceuticals and epoxy resins. Maitland Site also operates Cogeneration Units, a Hydrogen Plant and Utilities operation.
INVISTA Canada's chemical manufacturing site located in Maitland, Ontario has an immediate opening for an Industrial Instrument/ Electrician Technician.
- Safely maintain, repair, install, inspect, test process instrumentation systems with equipment including but not limited to transmitters, analyzers, control valves on systems
- Provide field support to Engineering
- Install, examine, replace and repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Work effectively in a team environment
Work Experience & Skills Required:
- Industrial Electricians Certification or Electrical Construction Maintenance License or Electrical Technicians/Technologist diploma
- 3+ years relevant working experience
- Knowledge of industry compliance standards & codes (OESC)
Additional Skills Considered an Asset:
- G1 Gas Certificate
- Past experience with gas fired turbine, process boilers or high pressure chemical process plant
- Experience troubleshooting/maintaining low voltage systems including 600V motors, MCCs, Variable Speed Drives, UPS, Chargers/Battery and lighting systems, PLCs and DCS
- Flexible benefits package
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Optional pension enhancements
- Performance bonus program
- Additional vacation purchase program
- Additional floating holidays
- Education Assistance Program for job related training
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions (with or without reasonable accommodations):
The ability to wear personal protective equipment such as: Steel-toed shoes, ear plugs, safety glasses, face shields, gloves, hard hats, and other protective equipment as may be required in the operating areas
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume in English along with a covering letter to www.kochcareers.com
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of kochcareers.com webpage.