Service Crew – Rome, GA
Georgia-Pacific is hiring for a Service Crew position in our lumber mill in Rome, GA. Service Crew is an entry-level production position on the night shift. They fill in for machine operators and perform cleaning duties such as shoveling sawdust to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. If you are motivated by hard work, working collaboratively on a team with a positive attitude, and have a strong focus on safety, you may be a good fit for this role.
The starting wage for this position is $15.49 per hour. Georgia-Pacific offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), accident and sickness, paid holidays and vacations, as well as overtime opportunities.
To learn more about Georgia-Pacific's Building Products Division please visit: http://www.buildgp.com
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Removing lumber from conveyors and stacking onto carts
- Performing housekeeping to keep machinery functioning properly, reduce hazards, and maintain the appearance of the plant
- Filling in for machine operators during breaks or absences
- Working in various areas throughout the mill to help meet or exceed facility and company production and quality goals
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
What You Will Need:
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Six (6) months or more of experience within an industrial, manufacturing, production, warehouse, military or farming environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience operating a fork lift
- Experience in lumber or wood products
- One (1) year or more of experience within an industrial, manufacturing, production, warehouse, military or farming environment
- High School Diploma or GED
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf