Manager, Operational Excellence
This position is responsible for leading, mentoring and managing the organization’s operational excellence journey. Reporting directly to the Director of Global Medical Operational Excellence, lead and implement operational excellence methodologies (principles, systems, and tools) to continually develop a culture of operational excellence that drives superior SQDC performance, and contributes to recognition that the business is an employer of choice and a preferred partner to our customers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with the Director of Global Medical Operational Excellence to develop, implement, and support the deployment of operational excellence leadership, principles, systems, tools, and results
- Lead the deployment of operational excellence strategies with a bias toward action, driving SQDC operating system performance/results and (CIP) cost savings
- Lead by example and embed MBM Guiding Principles as the foundation of the operational excellence strategy
- Ensure that leadership RRE’s drive accountabilities for the development of a culture of operational excellence, optimization of the SQDC operating system, and accomplishment of CIP goals
- Lead and mentor leaders of operational excellence to accomplish key objectives, site operating plans, SQDC metrics/expectations, and CIP goals
- Lead, support and mentor medical facility operational excellence audits and the development of deployment roadmaps
- Lead, develop and mentor the operational excellence support systems including, for example, training materials, internal/external benchmarking, and communication strategies
- Lead and mentor the evaluation of operational metrics and trends, PDCA thinking, scientific thinking, root cause analysis, and standard work at all levels of the organization to accomplish SQDC metrics/expectations
- Lead and mentor a challenge process that ensures we are collecting the “right” metrics and evaluating leading indicators to ensure we manage in “real time” and drive actions against the true priorities
- Utilize excellent project management skills and experience, effectively communicating and demonstrating successful organizational, planning and execution skills
- Network externally to develop skills and contribute to the Phillips-Medisize operational excellence strategies (principles, systems and tools)
- Partner with safety and quality organization leaders to optimize SQDC performance
- Extended travel to other facilities may be required to support business needs
- Some programs may have vision requirements
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or other technical discipline
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment including 5 years in medical/pharma manufacturing strategies and tactics
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in leading teams, and influencing change which drive significant results
- Minimum ten+ (10) years’ experience leading the development and deployment of operational excellence strategies and tactics across multiple sites and preferably a global footprint
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified, Lean Manufacturing Certified
- Experience with ERP systems i.e. SAP or closely related
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf