Quality Technician - 2nd Shift
Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs around 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian’s diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products; the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries; and the distribution of specialty building products. Guardian’s vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. Visit guardian.com.
We are currently looking for a 2nd shift Quality Technician and are offering a $1,000 sign on bonus.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Selects product for inspection at specified stages in the production process according to prescribed procedures.
- Inspects or coordinates inspection of raw materials, in-process products, internally rejected material, externally returned product, random audits, destructive test samples
- Rejects non-conforming material, product, or samples; prepares notification and execution of disposition.
- Maintains data entry into computer and/or logs for QE analysis.
- Assuring standards are met throughout the manufacturing processes, working to ensure quality of work on all work stations during the production process.
- Informs the Quality Engineer and/or Production Team of any problems, issues or noted concerns during production.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality system, process or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of the equipment capability
- Support all other duties as assigned by Quality Engineer
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3 years working in production operation
- Experience in product inspection and/or measurement processes
- Familiarity with inspection work instruction and quality management systems
- Basic navigation and computer skills, including MS Office products
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to be detail, safety, and quality oriented.
- Proven strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated track record of dependability, initiative, and a positive attitude toward co-workers and the job
- Proven track record of being self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Availability to work various shift (days and nights) and overtime.
- Lift up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis.
Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience preferred but not required.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf