Cutting & Tempering Production Worker - 2nd Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
We are currently seeking a reliable, hard-working production worker for second shift. In this role, you will be a valuable part of our production team, ensuring our production quotas are met in a timely fashion while observing the highest standards of safety and quality. You will need to be reliable and punctual, able to perform physical tasks that are repetitive, and lift up to 75 lbs on a regular basis. We are offering a $1,000 Sign On Bonus, paid out after 30 days of employment and the rate is $16.05/hour, and $1.25 shift premium for 2nd Shift.
Second Shift - Monday - Thursday 4pm - 2am, Friday Noon - 5pm + overtime in the busy season.
Works with coworkers analyze and resolve problems as they occur. Monitors the quality of the product.NOTE:Wearing personal protective equipment is required, including, but not limited to: safety glasses, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes/boots, Kevlar sleeves. When large sheets of glass are taken from the float table or IG Line, a full Kevlar suit and cut-proof gloves are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate various glass manufacturing pieces of equipment in a safe manner, while meeting production goals. (e.g. Float Table, Seaming Line, High Speed IG Line)
- Perform basic machine operation functions such as loading/unloading of product while maintaining appropriate production records.
- Assist in the development and application of training materials including standard work guides, troubleshooting guides, and other best practice documentation.
- Assist in the coordination of planned and unplanned maintenance activities in a manner that minimizes production downtime.
- In the event of downtime, continues to stay productive during downtime by continuing to clean and organize work area and additional tasks as directed by the lead.
- Assist maintenance in the troubleshooting of equipment failures and downtime causes to improve productivity.
- Assist in determining productive uses of downtime.
- Glass industry experience preferred, with a strong preference for IGU manufacturing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail, safety, and quality oriented.
- Proven strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated track record of dependability, initiative, and a positive attitude toward co-workers and the job and proven track record of being self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Availability to work various shift (days and nights) and overtime.
- Must be comfortable using a computer and reading the production schedule on a computer.
- Demonstrated understanding of units of measure and ability to use tape measure to measure size of glass
- Ability to perform general mathematical equations, such as measurement conversions.
- Ability to independently operate the line and perform minor repairs during production hours is required
- Understanding of the impact of your role on final product quality
- Ability to speak and read English and understand simple instructions from the Daily Production Plan
- Ability to deal with problems and find the fastest way to solve them, either by acting alone or with other employees.
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is typically performed.Inability to meet one or more of these physical requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position.Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Company may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
- This position requires a lot of bending, twisting, and reaching, as well as standing and walking on concrete floors wearing steel-toed shoes for long periods at a time.
- Lift up to 75lbs on a regular basis.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.