Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our Asphalt plant in Marshall, MN. As an Operations Technician you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal including basic functions such as receipt and shipment of raw materials and asphalt products, manufacturing of asphalt products, quality control testing, inspections and record keeping, computer oriented tasks, and the maintenance of the equipment in the facility. You will assist with the successful loading and unloading of asphalt products by truck and production of finished products to meet customer demands.
What you will do in your role.
- Receipt and shipment of raw materials and asphalt products, manufacturing of asphalt products, quality control testing, inspections, record-keeping, computer-oriented tasks, and maintenance of the equipment in the facility
- Assist with the successful loading and unloading of asphalt products by truck and production of finished products to meet customer demands
- Additional activities may include, but are not limited to: product transfers, production, mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of safety system devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, and piping, and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to an asphalt facility.
The experience you will bring.
- Willingness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (e.g., hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, safety work boots, as required)
- Willingness to occasionally travel up to 10% of the time (with overnight stays) in order to attend training and meetings
- Willing and able to reside within an approximate 30-minute drive of the terminal in Marshall, MN
- At least two years construction/maintenance experience in the refined products and/or oil and gas industry (Mechanical/Industrial trade school will be considered work experience)
- A Two-year technical or mechanical degree
- Experience managing small projects and/or managing contractors on site
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical knowledge
- High school diploma or GED
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf