Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations
Technician to join our team at our Asphalt plant in West
Fargo, ND. As an Operations Technician you will work as part of a
team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal including
basic functions such as receipt and shipment of raw materials and asphalt
products, manufacturing of asphalt products, lab testing, inspection and record
keeping requirements, computer oriented tasks, and the maintenance of the
equipment in the facility. You will coordinate with schedulers for the
successful delivery and receipt of asphalt products (by truck, rail or barge,
as applicable to the terminal) and production of finished products
to meet customer demands.
What you will do in your role.
Technicians input computer data and are assigned duties through a work management system. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to support the team as you manage small projects. These may include, but are not limited to: product transfers, product production, mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of system safety devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping, and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to an asphalt facility.t
The experience you will bring.
- A valid driver's license
- Experience working with computers
- Willingness to work a flexible summer schedule as needed
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Must be able communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers, and able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- At least two years of construction/maintenance experience in a storage terminal
- A two-year technical or mechanical degree
- Previous work experience in a bulk storage terminal and/or pipeline operation
- Mechanical and/or electrical work experience
- High school diploma or GED
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf