Entry Level Production Operator
Production Operators - Fort Dodge, IA
“Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.'' - Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. Start your career as a Production Operator at our Fort Dodge, IA facility.
Georgia-Pacific offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), accident and sickness, paid holidays and vacations, as well as overtime opportunities.
This is an entry level position starting at $19.51 per hour – (pay rate increase opportunities within 4 weeks as operators trained and develop new skills)
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Ensuring that machines are set up properly and performing optimally
• Troubleshooting and making machine adjustments as needed
• Contributing to the site’s safety record by ensuring the team works safely
• Performing basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
• Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
• Cleaning work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
What You Will Need:
• Willing and able to work flexible starting times, rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
• Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
• Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
• Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
• Willing and able to lift at least 50 pounds
What Will Put You Ahead?
• High school diploma or GED
• At least one (1) year of previous experience working in a production, warehouse, industrial, farming, construction, manufacturing or military environment
• Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues
• Experience troubleshooting equipment
• Experience working with construction materials i.e. lumber, gypsum, plaster, brick, insulation, etc.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf