PLC/Electrical Technician- Emporia Plywood
We are currently seeking an experienced PLC Electrical Technician for our Emporia, VA plywood manufacturing facility. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintaining manufacturing equipment /processes. Maintenance team members will be expected to possess and refine multiple skills.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Programming, troubleshooting and maintaining advanced PLC/5 and Control Logix
• Reading assembly drawings, schematics and equipment layouts
• Maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic circuits
• Maintaining, troubleshooting, and replacing control devices
• Understanding and using data to improve productivity
• Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
• Assisting crew members and work in team environment
• Helping meet or exceed production waste and quality goals
What You Will Need:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• At least 3 years of Electrical Controls experience in a manufacturing setting.
• At least 1 year of PLC programming and troubleshooting experience.
• Must have experience reading technical drawings and schematics.
• Must have experience troubleshooting and maintaining pneumatic systems.
• Must have experience troubleshooting hydraulic equipment, circuits and components. • Must be willing to supply personal hand tools.
• Must be willing to work any shift, including holidays, weekends and overtime as needed.
What Will Put You Ahead?
• Two year technical degree preferred.
Rate of Pay : $32.57 per hour. Opportunities for advancement . Excellent benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation and 401k.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf