Maintenance Technician - Gurdon, AR
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Lumber facility in Gurdon, Arkansas is looking for Mechanical Technicians to join their team. This position is an experienced skilled crafts role that creates value by performing a variety of maintenance duties, ensuring maximum facility uptime to meet production goals.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and installing equipment in compliance with all plant policies and procedures
• Working with machinery and mechanical equipment including motors, pneumatic & hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and production line equipment
• Reading diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications for installations
• Using hand tools, power tools and precision-measuring devices and testing instruments
• Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in industrial or military maintenanceORat least a two (2) year mechanical maintenance degree
- Experience using a cutting torch and welding with an arc welder
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors
- Experience troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Willing and able to work any shift, variable start times, holiday, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Experience using a computer including typing/sending emails and using a mouse
What Will Put You Ahead?
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
• Experience working in the lumber or plywood industries
• Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf