ELECTRICIAN I (Senior Level)
Who is Georgia-Pacific?
Electrician I - Emporia Plywood
Our plywood plant located in Emporia, VA has a vacancy for a Class I Electrician. Responsibilities of this job will include providing electrical support in the manufacturing facility located in Emporia, VA. The person holding this position will be a responder to service calls pertaining to electrical malfunctions in automated machinery within the plant. These malfunctions may be in various types of electrical devices, such as switches, electric valves, analog input or output devices, motors, wiring, or PLC/computer anomalies.
The holder of this position must be proficient in understanding the basic principles that allow electromechanical devices to work. Most machinery in the plant is computer controlled by PLC, and is driven by 480-volt, 3 phase motors. Job duties will also include any necessary electrical maintenance tasks pertaining to the upkeep of this machinery.
A Day in The Life - Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting electrical systems that use 480-volt, 3 phase power, as well as lower voltages
- Diagnosing problems with 3 phase electric motors and motor starters that operate in these electrical systems.
- Working with Relay Logic control circuits and able to safely troubleshoot these types of circuits using Ladder Logic Diagrams, schematics, Piping/Instrumentation diagrams, Electrical instrumentation, and meters
- Using the RS Logix software to trouble shoot and repair industrial electrical equipment
- Using knowledge of National Electric Code and compliance to the code
- Training in the use of PLC programming software
- Work quickly and efficiently with good hand dexterity
- Ability to proficiently use basic hand tools.
- Possessing reading comprehension skills with ability to understand and carry out complex written instructions.
- Possessing good handwriting skills with the ability to write logically, having the ability to accurately convey an understandable written message or statement
- Possessing basic typing skills
- Using deductive reasoning during electrical diagnostic processes
- Possessing mechanical aptitude, with proficient ability to comprehend how mechanical and electrical apparatuses work.
- Willingness to work safely and within the guidelines of a comprehensive safety program
- Determining code requirements for electrical installations
- Installing all types of conduit as listed in National Electrical Code
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and calibrating electrical/mechanical instrumentation
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 3 years’ experience working as an Industrial Troubleshooting or Diagnostic Electrician
- Experience in Industrial Motor Controls (PLC, motor controls, control valves, electrical distribution, industrial instrumentation for flow, pressure, & temperature)?
- At least 3 years of electrical/electronics troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience working with electrical, PLC’s, AC/DC motors and drive controls
- Available to work overtime, if needed
- Available to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts, including weekends, and holidays
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Completion of industrial electrical apprenticeship program
- Experience with electrical and process control methodology
- Experience in root cause analysis or troubleshooting procedures
Rate of Pay : $27.60 per hour. Opportunities for promotion. Excellent benefits package.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf