Engineer, Manufacturing Integration
• Supervise and assigns the activities to staff members to ensure the development of all manufacturing processes to support new product development and modifications of existing products to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Provide technical support to marketing, sales and outside customers for issues that have been escalated, highly complex and/or atypical where necessary.
• Provide and share technical information between teams within group and plants to assure “best practices” are embraced and implemented globally.
• Participate in or may lead design reviews and design for manufacture meetings globally.
• Coordinate manufacturing process development and work with internal and external tooling suppliers to design, build and debug processes within budget and schedule as required for each program to meet production and volume requirements.
• Make recommendations for engineering system improvements.
• Manage, Review and evaluate RRE’s, activities, and performance of staff members by providing appropriate advice, training, and guidance. Train employees on how to develop processes and develop advanced skills as well as coordinates cross training activities with other departments to reach maximum capabilities.
• Support department manager in developing and improving department methods and procedures. Participate in department recruitment and selection activities.
• Support company specific standards such as TS16949, ISO9001, TQM, Six Sigma initiatives. Drive GLSS efforts as a champion for our team for both Lean/DMAIC projects and 6S efforts.
• Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
• International travel will be required to support installation and production activities.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• 3+ years’ experience manufacturing engineer in automation and semi-automation environment.
• At least 2 years of project lead experience in a technical field, experience with high speed synchronous, asynchronous, flexible (robotics) assembly systems is Preferred.
• Leadership skills that demonstrate the ability to take charge, initiate actions, make sound decisions and direct others toward the accomplishment of goals.
• Strong organization skills that anticipate, plan, organize and monitor workload.
• Interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to build rapport with external contacts and give guidance and advice to direct reports.
• Decision-making skills that show the ability to access a problem weigh alternatives and consider long-range as well as short-range implications.
• Strong PC skills.
• Ability to work with many worldwide cultures in a positive manner.
• Demonstrated leadership skills to lead and motivate team in an effective and positive manner.
• Good written and verbal skills for clear and concise communication.
• Knowledge of trouble shooting automation equipment