Engineer 2, Automation
What you will do in your role.
- Design for semi-auto/ Fully auto machine or Fixture for new product and improvement on existing process with both quality and cost consideration
- Improve existing machine to meet new requirement
- Create machine 3D,2D drawing, bill of material list and ensure all drawing up to date
- Conduct machine design review to ensure design meet requirement
- Provide technical advice and troubleshooting support during Machine assembly or debug phase
- Provide machine sequence and time chart for programming
- Provide documentation of tooling spare lists and training to process & maintenance engineers, technicians and operators so that they are fully competent in maintaining and running new production machines.
- Liaise with fabricator on drawing issue
- Provide support for sample built and machine qualification
- Review new product with NPI team to ensure new products can be manufactured and automatic
- Brainstorm and apply any new technology that create value in term to bring up our efficiency or machine/ process capability in return bring profit to the organization
- Assist the other teams when there are an imbalance of workloads due to urgency of other job or on leaves or reservist (All instructions will be given by supervisor / manager).
- Share relevant knowledge and new ideas to solve manufacturing problems or needs. Gather & share of best practices, lessons learned (success & failure), prevent re-inventing, and challenge existing.
- All activities & development must comply with laws & regulations, and meet all safety & standard requirements
The experience you will bring.
- Able to design machine, jig and fixture with guidance
- Able to complete 2d engineering independently
- Diploma/ Degree in Engineering field
- Presentation & Communication Skills
- Ability to self-learn, good attitude, and able to work with various teams.
- Adapt to changes, & MBM culture.
- Able to use 3D software