Molex is seeking a senior level Sourcing and Procurement professional to build and lead our Supply Base Management team across the Datacom and Specialty Solutions Division (DSS) headquartered in Lisle, IL with factories and design centers in the China, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, and United States. This role reports to the Chief Procurement Officer and manages a total team of 25+ Sourcing Professionals for Direct and Indirect spend.
As a leader of Supply Base Management team, you will manage the sourcing process for all new products for DSS. This includes focusing on driving key business factors that help win new business as well as manage the quoting and sourcing requirements for new raw materials, components, and services for the DSS Division. The objective is to launch new products on schedule with the lowest total cost, best quality and with risk mitigation plans in place.
As a leader of the Supply Base Management team, you will also be responsible for applying the appropriate category strategies in close collaboration with the global Direct and Indirect category leaders, identifying and contracting with suppliers for assigned categories and managing continuous improvement activities to improve total cost, quality, delivery and supplier technology support.
- Build a strong team with the skills and experiences needed to be supporting our business objectives
- Partner with DSS Leadership team and design teams throughout Product Development process to manage total costs through Product Launch
- New supplier identification, sourcing, selection and contracting for the DSS Division
- Bring Design to Value (Manufacturing, Quality, Cost, etc.) viewpoint to Product design team
- Conduct should-cost and make vs. buy analyses to support sourcing decision
- Negotiate contracts and legal terms under the guidance of the internal legal support team
- Improve New Product Sourcing processes and increase efficiencies by collaborating with technical design teams
- Apply appropriate category strategies (Metals, Plastics, Electronics, and Outsourcing etc.) to new product sourcing need