- Leading & coordinate engineering activity in development / launching new & transfer product project
- Work with PJM (project management) to build up project master plan
- Work with each Engineer function: product engineer process engineer, automation engineer, mold, plating, stamping engineer to define detail schedule to meet project goal (MT, MP timeline).
- Gather information need from cross function engineer to propose concept the manufacturing process, identify the broad details of the total process such as stamping, injection molding, insert molding, plating, assembly and other processes required to manufacture all of the components and the final product, identify labor needs, packaging methods and other pertinent manufacturing information required to develop pricing, update it if need after trial run & product change
- Coordinate with PM, production team & facilities team to create a layout plan for the manufacturing process, as it will run on the manufacturing floor.
- Provide coordination support to planning, procuring and development services for tooling and equipment unique to a product such as dies, molds, assembly equipment, fixtures and any other specific equipment necessary to produce the product.
- Coordinate & driver detail technical activity to execute the preparation installation line, setup process, document, trial. Including but not limited to materials, labor, special equipment, packaging information and appropriate documentation and special instructions.
- Production line readiness & MP ramp up preparation
- Coordinate engineer team to continue follow up improvement after MP start 1 month
- New product technical trial report issue, lesson learn summary &improvement action coordinate
- Communication with Molex CCS development center (base in Japan) or other area (China, Korean, Singapore, American)
- New product, transfer product early phase communication,
- Trial request communication between factory & development center
- Lead and actively participate in trial run site at factory
- Create & maintain cross function engineer working flow
- Internal Engineering section workflow, clarify new product development task of each engineer function
- Workflow in co-operate with other Engineer in factory (Production engineer, quality engineer, other intercom engineer…)
- Update workflow if need to adapt business growth
- Support engineering admin to settle system to handle well material for trial, delivery sample, built up data base for new product, transfer product in order to ISO, IATF requirement
- Clearly understand self’s and section’s goals to make contribution to obtain quality and delivery goals.
- Be accountable for the compliance to rules, procedures and requirement in terms of:
- 7S & KAIZEN
- Environmental Health Safety
- RBA & Social Responsibility
- Protection of company assets
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.