Industrial Maintenance Repairman
The Prosperity Plywood Maintenance & Reliability department has an opening for a critical role to the team. The Industrial Maintenance Repairman assists in driving the safety culture at the facility in multiple ways.
What you will do in your role
- Maintaining a safe environment by sustaining a high level of housekeeping, ensuring all work is accomplished without a safety incident and abiding by Georgia-Pacific safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment for improved reliability
- Completing work orders and turning in daily
- Participating in computer-based training, on-the-job training as well as classroom training
The experience you will bring.
- At least 6 months of manufacturing experience or have done comparable work in a comparable work environment that including, but not limited to: farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, etc.
- Willing and able to work at heights, in confined spaces, over water and in hot or cold weather conditions
- Candidate must supply personal hand tools
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to use a computer to compose/send emails, complete computer-based training, etc.
- Must be able to accurately perform mathematical functions
- Experience operating mobile or industrial equipment
- Basic knowledge of welding/fabrication
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and replacing mechanical devices (cylinders, valves, sprockets, chains, etc.)
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- At least 1 year of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or similar environment OR currently have or pursuing a technical degree in a mechanical or related field
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf