Production Operator -$17.12/HR
Are you looking for a career and not just a job? Does working in a positive, team-oriented environment motivate you? If so, check out what we have to offer! Georgia-Pacific Gypsum in Tacoma, WA has an immediate need for Production Operators to work in a variety of departmental positions. This is an entry level position starting at $17.12/hr with the possibility of quickly moving into higher paying roles. This facility offers plenty of overtime opportunities.
What you will do in your role
- Operating production equipment and machinery
- Performing quality checks on products
- Relieving operator positions for breaks
- Working as a team to exceed safety, production, and quality goals
- Keeping work area clean before, during and after shift
- Assisting crew members with setups, troubleshooting, asset care duties and making minor machine adjustments
- Entering data to maintain accurate records of orders shipped
The experience you will bring
- A minimum of six (6) months of work experience working within a manufacturing, industrial, construction, farming or warehouse environment OR military experience
- Willingness to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willingness to work around dust, grease, oil and other chemical substances
- Willingness to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds routinely
- One (1) year or more of experience working within a manufacturing, industrial, construction, farming or warehouse environment
- Forklift Experience/Forklift Certification
- Basic computer skills for sending correspondence, entering data, etc.
- Valid driver's license
High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf