Entry-Level Machine Operator
Georgia-Pacific is seeking experienced manufacturing employees for our Entry-Level Machine Operator role in our Dudley, NC Lumber Mill. As a Machine Operator, you operate lumber production equipment on one or more machine centers. The equipment may include automated saws, scanners, bundlers, sorter trimmers as well as associated transfer fork lifts & lumber handling equipment. Additionally, you will be responsible for cleaning up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Learning to run Lumber equipment until you can run at production levels assigned
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards and maintain the appearance of the plant
- Performing minor repairs to ensure machine reliability and escalate machine maintenance needs appropriately
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators during absences
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 6 months of manufacturing, industrial, military or heavy equipment operation experience, OR a certificate or a degree in a relevant field, OR currently enrolled in a vocational program
- Willing to work any shift (including rotating – days/nights), as well as overtime, some weekends & holidays as scheduled
- Willing to work in a non-climate controlled industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks including lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to pull and lift up to 50lbs
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Two or more years of previous manufacturing or industrial experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in lumber or wood products
- Mechanical experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf