This position reports to the Mine Supervisor on-site and is responsible for a production team on Union employees. There are safety and production goals to be met daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
What you will do in your role.
- Lead a production team of up to 20 union members to work injury-free/incident-free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with Georgia-Pacific's management philosophy, Market-Based Management®
- Adhere to and assist in the enforcement of Georgia-Pacific and Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) safety standards Interface with MSHA and other government regulators as necessary
- Assist in day-to-day planning of the quarry/mining operation
- Plan and adjust production needs based on plant schedule Work with Mill Manager and Production Manager to plan production
- Design and implement the Short-Term Mine Plan in accordance with the Long-Term Mine Plan
- Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership, and holding employees accountable.
- Develop a point of view relative to talent and implement talent strategies to bridge/close gaps. Work with cross-functional team to manage maintenance and operation projects
The experience you will bring.
- Three (3) or more years of mine operations experience
- One (1) or more years of supervisory experience
- Currently have, or able to obtain a Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) Instructor Card
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing and underground mining environment, including extended periods of time outdoors, underground, and in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work at elevated heights and/or in confined spaces must strictly adhere to, and enforce safety rules and regulations
- This is a day shift position, however occasional weekend work will be required to help ensure production goals are met
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mining Engineering, Minerals Engineering, Geological Engineering or related discipline Industrial maintenance experience, including but not limited to mobile equipment and conveyor belt / material handling systems
- Underground mining experience
- Building Products manufacturing experience
- Experience applying lean manufacturing techniques
- Experience improving manufacturing, safety, maintenance, and cost effectiveness Knowledge of Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) regulations and policies Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel Proven ability to develop and use metrics to drive department performance
- Proven ability to build and align a team around a shared vision Change management
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf