Lumber Production Operator
Are you an enthusiastic team player with lumber manufacturing or industrial experience? If so, Georgia-Pacific is seeking Lumber Production Operators. These skilled operators create value by maintaining high levels of productivity and quality. By ensuring quick attention to mechanical issues, identifying quality concerns, and understanding the production threshold of the equipment, the Lumber Production Operators will be key in the successful operation of the top assets of the mill. This position gives an entrepreneurial thinker the opportunity to identify ways to improve production quantity and quality.
Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific's Building Products Division please visit: www.buildgp.com/lumber
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures while actively participating in the safety program
- Safely operating machinery and equipment to help meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhering to extremely high housekeeping standards, which allow machines to run smoothly, reduce personnel/equipment interaction, maintain environmental controls, and improve the appearance of the facility
- Offering a competitive pay starting at $17 or more plus per hour
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of one (1) years of experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience using a computer (typing, using a mouse, Microsoft Office programs, etc.)
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as required
- Willing and able to able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- None Required
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf