Entry-Level Production Operator
Georgia Pacific is looking for an Entry-Level Production Operator for our Lumberton, North Carolina Facility. The Production Operator is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the performance and proper operation of the equipment from the dryer section to the baler. This individual provides support and acts as a resource to the other operating team members as required.
What you will do in your role.
- Adhering to Lumberton Cellulose safety policies and assisting co-workers as required to ensure safe operations and maintenance of the process
- Monitoring assigned process area and ensuring expectations are met regarding safety, quality, reliability, and other production goals
- Collecting fiber samples for testing
- Inspecting bales prior to wrapping to identify any contamination or foreign materials in the fiber and documenting any unusual observations
- Preparing product for final preparation, including fiber mixing, wrapping product, collecting specifications to be inputted into electronic system and labeling products for customer shipments
- Operating a clamp truck to store the finished product bale in the warehouse and other designated locations
- Performing cleanup of the process as required: (dryers, dust system, sweeping, general housekeeping, etc.)
- Re-working off grade bales of fiber through the system as required
The experience you will bring.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work with hand tools such as wire/band cutters, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers
- Willing and able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Two (2) years or more of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Experience performing maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
- Experience inspecting product for quality and tracking data
- Experience using HMI – Siemens Control Systems
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (to input data) and Outlook (to send and read emails)
- Experience operating a forklift
- High School diploma or GED
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf