Georgia-Pacific has openings for self-starters with the desire to learn new skills to fill our Production Utility positions in Corrigan, TX. This role is an entry-level hourly position which starts in the General Utility department with opportunities for advancement. In this position, you will be performing various manual tasks, learning multiple operator functions and completing routine preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure that multiple dimensions of plywood sheets are produced in a safe and efficient manner. If you have an interest in operating equipment and enjoy working safely with a team, we look forward to hearing from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role.
- Cross-training on production equipment to learn to operate production equipment and create a safe work space by maintaining cleanliness in assigned areas
- Adhering to all safety, health, and plant rules, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Working in a team environment to meet or exceed safety, production and quality goals
The Experience You Will Bring.
- Six (6) months of previous work history
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to change shifts when given short notice (e.g. one day’s notice)
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work without any jewelry
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- At least two (2) years of manufacturing experience
- At least one (1) year of experience working in the plywood, lumber or timber industry
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information :www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf