At Georgia-Pacific, we don't believe a job is simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Blue Rapids, KS Gypsum facility is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as an Electrical Technician. This position provides maintenance support throughout our facility by troubleshooting and repairing electrical issues.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safely and efficiently troubleshooting, repairing, and installing equipment in compliance with all plant codes, policies, and procedures
- Performing PLC troubleshooting and programming
- Providing recommendations on upgrades to equipment
- Assisting with the planning, installation, and startup of internal projects
- Preparing work orders
The Experience You Will Bring
- Electrical maintenance experience in a commercial, industrial or manufacturing environment OR an Associates Degree in Electrical Technology
- Experience reading electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Willing and able to work in high or confined spaces
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy, and high volume environment
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Willing and able to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks such as; lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, climbing, and stooping for extended periods of time
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, overtime and on call as needed
- Journeyman Electrical license or certification, or, an Associate degree in Electrical Maintenance
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and NFPA 70 standards
- Three (3) or more years of experience as an Industrial Electrician
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC’s, A/C and D/C motors, motor controllers and drives
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf