i360, a leader in data and analytics capabilities that solve political, operational, supply chain, and market forecasting challenges for some of the most sophisticated organizations in the world, is seeking a Data Scientist to join the team! i360 is a dynamic workplace sitting on the leading edge of politics, technology, and business, and is seeking team members who are as excited about freedom as they are about building the next generation of political technology.
The ideal candidate is someone who has technical experience leveraging data and technology to optimize commercial or political operations and to create new capabilities. The Data Scientist is primarily responsible for developing models and related tools that create value for our customers.
What you will do in your role.
- Quantify model accuracy over baseline for a specific subset of people
- Quantify the potential value of a new data set for future models
- Analyze a data science customer question and explain the answer to a non-technical team member
- Devise and implement an automated approach to a repeatable process in collaboration with the Data Operations Team and the Analytics Team
- Determine more data is required after training an experimental model and validating its performance
The experience you will bring.
To be considered, candidates must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Outstanding quantitative, analytical, and conceptual problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and the desire to drive projects to completion autonomously and on time
- Affinity for fast-paced, cross-functional team environments
- 3+ years of experience writing R, Python, or similar scripting language for data analysis
- 1+ years of experience in machine learning or artificial intelligence with caret, scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar framework
- 1+ years of experience writing SQL for data analysis
- Theoretical understanding of the algorithms behind real-world machine learning and artificial intelligence applications
- MS or PhD in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, software engineering, computer science, artificial intelligence, or a similar technical field. Those with a non-technical advanced degree but extensive technical experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience identifying and communicating actionable insights using data
- Experience with automated data pipelines for data collection or standardization
- Experience with NoSQL nonrelational databases
- Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud-based platform, Linux, git, containers, and command line basics
- Familiarity with d3.js, plotly, seaborn, ggplot, or similar library
- Familiarity with individual-level commercial data, state-level government data, census data, or unstructured data
- Experience working with free market groups or political campaigns
Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, software engineering, computer science, artificial intelligence, or a similar technical field
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf