Embedded Systems Engineer
OnPoint Digital Solutions, part of Koch Engineered Solutions,is seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer to join the agile product team at our facility in Louisville, CO. This team is working to build state-of-the-art IoT embedded devices for monitoring and controlling industrial systems. This role will be the primary designer and architect of connected hardware platforms and electronics. Our engineering team is focused on building products to enhance existing product channels in a connected enterprise architecture. Learn more at www.onpointsolutions.com.
This is a high-impact/high-visibility position requiring a holistic engineering approach, teamwork, and outstanding communication skills.You should have a broad technical skillset with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders. This includes multiple engineering disciplines, commercial/sales, manufacturing, and R&D.The successful candidate will work well in a collaborative and supportive environment.
What You Will Do in Your Role
- Architecting embedded systems including target devices, network protocols and interfaces based on project requirements
- Working with hardware engineers to design support hardware circuits and integrate target devices
- Working with software developers as part of the agile team to meet the overall deliverables
- Developing embedded code, identifying automated testing opportunities, and defining testing strategy for production
- Using excellent problem-solving skills and electronic product initiatives: concept, design, test, verify, document, and support
- Participating in technical design reviews
- Using excellent communication skills (oral and written) to provide regular project status updates
- Designing and validating compliance with certification standards (UL, IEC, CE, etc.)
- Supporting other group personnel by reviewing and providing technical expertise
- Traveling for customer site visits to conduct field testing and troubleshooting (<10%)
- Working with the software technical architect to develop strategy for bare metal and embedded software development
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of two (2) years of industrial or focused academic experience in embedded systems design and development, which includes embedded system development and troubleshooting, real-time embedded operating system implementation, embedded coding, network protocols, interfaces, and hardware
- Experience delivering productized industrial IoT devices
- Experience coding, debugging and testing firmware and related hardware functions
- Experience with wireless, BLE, and building IoT devices
- Familiarity with FPGA specification and programming experience
- Advanced design knowledge for EMI, EMC, and RF
- Experience with agile development processes and automated testing for embedded devices
- Knowledge of electronic fundamentals, circuit design, and analysis of schematics
- Experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers
- Experience programming in the embedded Linux environment with languages such as C and C++ and interfaces such as JTAG, SPI, i2c
- Experience with microcontrollers and microprocessor platforms, hardware architecture (core, cache, memory, interrupts, clock, power control), with real time operating systems and current trends in embedded platforms
- Exposure to device drivers for common firmware interfaces, chipsets, communication protocols, various SOC blocks, and ARM based micro-controllers.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf