i360 is seeking a Senior Database Engineer to join its data operations team. With your technical expertise, you will design, implement and improve processes, procedures and automation for all database-centric areas. You will maintain our relational database systems and NoSQL systems for performance and reliability. You are responsible for tuning and configuring our databases and data platforms, as well as building tools and scripts to monitor, troubleshoot and automate our systems. You propose test plans and interface with other teams, developers and application owners to arrive at optimal solutions. Successful candidates will solve problems unique in scale and concept in the pursuit of new and original features. So bring your ingenious mind, great team spirit and excellent communication skills to this great opportunity at i360.
To be considered, candidates must be creative, passionate about process improvement, and strong technical ability in the following areas:
- Strong understanding of RDBMS concepts and query optimization
- Experience in Java with JDBC and concurrent processing
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, and HBase
- Experience building, scaling and maintaining high volume systems
- Experience in working with Kafka, RabbitMQ or other messaging technologies
- Knowledge of version control software’s like Git, SVN, and TFS
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix work environment
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
What You Will Do In Your Role
Design, architect, and build end to end SQL and NoSQL database solutions. This includes determining business requirements, recommending appropriate technologies, architecting and developing code, mentoring team members, overseeing QA and deployment processes.
- Code applications that adhere to enterprise design patterns.
- Load and process disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to SQL Server, Elasticsearch, Spark, Java and Kafka.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The Experience You Will Bring
- BA/BS or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Statistics
- 5+ years' of experience and strong understanding of RDBMS concepts, query optimization
- 5+ years of experience in Java with JDBC and concurrent processing
- Experience with Spring framework, AOP, JPA and REST
- Experience with building RESTful web services
- Experience with Cloud system architecture and design, large scale streaming data processing
- Experience in automation area for database technologies using Chef or Puppet
- Experience coding in C#, Python, R, GO, Rust etc.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf