The Georgia-Pacific Corrugated (Box Plant) facility in Albany, GA is looking for a safety driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic individual to join the Maintenance team as an Electrical Technician. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safety, Quality and Machine integrity must be your top focus
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and installing equipment in compliance with all plant codes, policies and procedures
- Taking an active role in a quality maintenance program to reduce production waste and achieve production quality goals
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining electrical control systems such as conveyor logic, AC/DC drives and motors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, corrugating machinery and converting machinery
- Troubleshooting and maintaining PLC’s through ladder logic and printed wiring diagrams
- Troubleshooting 3 phase motors and circuits of volts 110 – 480
- Working with mechanical technicians, hand in hand, to trouble-shoot, repair and maintain motors, gearboxes and transmissions problems
- Working on projects upgrading wiring in old equipment
- Using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments
- Adhering to plant safety rules and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedure
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) years or more of electrical experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience reading technical drawings, repairing, installing, and programming industrial electrical equipment including but not limited to motors, motor starters, transformers, PLC’s, and VFD’s
- Willing and able to install Industrial electrical equipment
- Experience working with electrical controls for pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Willing and able to work in a multi craft culture and provide your own personal hand tools
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime, as required
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high-volume environment
- Experience in the corrugated industry
- Five or more years of experience as an industrial electrician
- Two year Technical degree or higher in Electrical Systems, Instrumentation or Electronic Technology
- High School Diploma or GED
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf